Why is strategic IP management so important?
Well, first of all, let's define what we mean by Intellectual Property(IP) - it denotes the specific legal rights in the form of patents, trademarks, industrial design rights or copyrights which grant the owner control over the use of inventions, words, phrases, symbols, designs etc. Even your trade secrets can be considered as IP assets but, by definition, they are not published.
An IP strategy is therefore an important part of a successful business strategy and needs careful management and alignment particularly if the IP portfolio is growing.
Cambridge based IP Scope was established by Dr. Phil Coldrick in 2009 and has provided Intellectual Property advice and training, patent searches and patent landscape analysis for a growing number of high tech start-ups and SMEs in the East of England. Examples of ways you will benefit include:
- Providing you with valuable business intelligence through cost-effective Patent Searches and Patent Landscape Analysis
- Letting you know if other companies have Trademarks like yours before you apply
- Helping you align your IP portfolio with your technical and business strategies
- Assessment of IP portfolio for maximum value
- Patent drafting
- Patent filing strategies consistent with business objectives
- Patent maintenance strategies - renew, license or sell
For more details have a look at the Services page and then contact IP Scope if you would like a free, confidential discussion to review your intellectual property or technology ideas.
Recent Clients include:
- Optimec Ltd
- HIteam Group
- VisualPlanet Ltd.
- Interactive Printing Solutions Ltd.
- Azuri Technology Ltd.
- Invention Works Ltd.
- Cambridge Reactor Design
- La Playa Insurance
- Cambridge Integrated Knowledge Centre (CIKC)
- Deep Visuals Ltd.
- Oval Medical Technology Ltd.
- CHS Engineering Services
- Sensory Design & Technology
- Ellis IP Ltd.
“Phil worked for me on a recent landscaping assignment. He is a
true expert, reliable, great to work with and has been a huge
asset to my company as it develops in the early stages. I would
gladly recommend him and look forward to working with IP Scope in
Sensory Design & Technology
"Thanks for the excellent support with our patent filing, it
really made a big difference."
Dr. J. F. Winkel
IP Scope provides expert advice for the Printed Electronics sector
Click here to see more information on IP Scope. Extensive knowledge and experience has been acquired in the following technology areas:
- Plastic Electronics
- Printed Electronics
- Printing and packaging
- Imaging Systems
- Materials science
- Physical and (in)organic chemistry
Practical help with printing devices using metal inks or carbon nanotube inks is available through DZP Technologies Ltd. Please contact me for an introduction to these services.